On 2 April 1956, Brother Lawrence Spitzig, who was then Director of St. John’s took a historic step by applying for a piece of land in Petaling Jaya on which to erect a school run by Christian brothers. The vision at that time was to acquire a ten-acre site on which to erect a primary school, with a secondary school to follow later.
As the population grew so did the pressure for places in existing schools, so on 15 July 1959, Brother Lawrence made yet another request for permission to commence work on the construction of six classrooms (now known to all PJ Lasallians as the ‘Old Block’) to house primary classes which had launched La Salle PJ on the educational scene in January 1959. A new building completed in 2003 was to replace the Old Block.
Standing in place of the Old Block is a two-storey New Block. This building houses a total of 10 classes, 2 workshops, a large surau and the long-awaited computer labs.
Principals of La Salle PJ Secondary School
|Year service began||Year service ended||Name of Principal|
|1963||1965||Reverend Brother Cronan Curran FSC|
|1965||1967||Reverend Brother Philip Callaghan FSC|
|1967||1975||Reverend Brother Lawrence Spitzig FSC|
|1975||1988||Reverend Brother Felix James Donohue FSC|
|1988||1992||Dr. Wong Sin Mong|
|1992||1999||Pn.Hajah Ramlah Hasan|
|1999||2003||Pn. Siti Nor Mohamed|
|2009||2011||Pn. P. Vasuthevan|
|2011||2015||Pn.Chong Ah Loi|
|2015||2019||Pn.Teo Boon Hwa|
|2019||Present||En. Ganapathy Bass|